- Constant change is a rule. The information you read here may be invalid or inaccurate tomorrow.
- We would like to assure our readers that we are, in fact, human. We do make mistakes. The accuracy, completeness, and f actuality of the contents of this website are not guaranteed.
- If we link relevant mental health content today, it may linked to questionable content tomorrow. We will not be held liable for any external links that lead to dubious places.
- We use stock photos we find around the Internet to supplement our articles. Typically we Google the word “stock photo” and find one that fits. If we have inadvertently used a photo that belongs to you, please notify us and we will rectify the situation immediately by removing the photo.
- The content of http://try-therapy.com is the opinion of the individual writer only and is not intended to “malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual,” or anyone or thing, especially those with the ability and desire to fight back. It is not our intention to do harm to any person, injure others, defame, or libel anyone or anything.
- If people use our advice, tips, techniques, or recommendations… and are subsequently injured… we will not be held responsible for the damages. This goes for the blog, our musings, our tweets, and our bumper-stickers. NOTABLE EXCEPTION: when one or more of us is secured as a therapist or mental health clinician to deliver individualized treatment of mental health issues. We write about mental health, but we are not implicitly or explicitly agreeing to render any mental health or counseling services. If you are interested in securing services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We, the collective authors, responsible for all content. All content represents our personal views, not those of any other agency (implied or otherwise).
- Damages are limited to $1 USD.
- We will not be responsible for content in comments. Our readers have opinions that we may or may not support.
- We are not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin. If your government prohibits you from reading this, you should probably leave the website…
We encourage others to copy, distribute, display, and perform our copyrighted work — and derivative works based upon it — but only if they give proper citation. This includes all the Bellevue University students who have been plagiarizing my work. Have some respect for yourself and cite the source. If you are having trouble with APA format, I highly recommend Perrla
Chris Lott said it better than any of us could…
This is a blog. It is not a peer-reviewed journal, a final archive of our writing, a sponsored publication, or the product of gate keeping and editing. That does mean something… it means that while the ideas and thoughts are often vital and the product of a long gestational period, the writing itself is not. It is essentially as it came from the keyboard: spontaneous, UN-proofed, unrevised, and corrected afterward only when necessary to address mistakes that grossly affect the intent. (Lott, 2001)
Lott, C. (2001). Disclaimer. Retrieved August 6, 2010, from http://chrislott.org/disclaimer/
Last but certainly not least… thank you for visiting our humble blog.
-Kent Brooks (Founder and Editor)